How do sharks reproduce
The ways of shark reproduction are different from the rest of the reproduction methods of most fish in the seas and oceans, due to the presence of species that give birth and not lay eggs. here in pets-home.net
How do sharks reproduce
Shark reproduction methods are carried out by internal fertilization of sharks, which is one of the known reproduction processes of this type of fish
The world of seas and oceans
The seas, oceans and water represent about two-thirds of the planet Earth, and this place is filled with many different creatures that so far scientists have discovered many, many, and each of them has a very special case, way of living and life cycle different from the rest of the creatures around it, and among the most important characteristics of the creatures of the world of seas and oceans are the following
- Some of them feed on grass, some of them feed on smaller microorganisms, and some of them feed on different sea plankton, and each of them plays a very vital and influential role in a mighty way in the natural balance of society.
- Without these organisms, the whole aquatic community will be disrupted, including sharks; Which feeds on poisonous fish that multiply very quickly and with its spread in the aquatic medium, it causes water poisoning, so the rest of the organisms cannot live in that area.
- These poisonous fish are useful in extracting toxins in the various current industries, and thus the aquatic community is like a chain or interconnected ring that pulls each other tight, in order to balance the aquatic community, and we will single out enough talk here about sharks.
types of sharks
- Sharks have species that have been confined to some regions of the world, and is considered an animal food rich in protein materials beneficial to humans; Here, humans had to exploit it in foods with high protein food, which are needed to build the muscles of the body.
- Especially in children who are still in the stage of building their body, and there are several divisions of sharks according to different factors, according to the scientist studying; There are those who notice the different colors of sharks and divide them according to their color, or divide them according to their size.
- There are those who notice the difference in the shape of the shark’s mouth, and there are those who notice the difference in the shape of the shark’s tail, and accordingly there are several divisions of sharks according to the study of each person
The benefits and harms of eating sharks
the harms of eating shark
- When studying any organism, it is necessary to know first what its body consists of, and on this the study is based on the extent to which the meat of these organisms is used. As for sharks, they mainly feed on the waste of the sea and the environmental residues that permeate within them, represented in different elements filled with several minerals, such as mercury.
- Therefore, these minerals are considered harmful to humans because, of course, they were not subjected to a process of examination and study of their impact on human health, and because sharks depend for their food on these minerals, which are harmful to human health.
- And cause several diseases such as high blood pressure or different types of cancers, or blood poisoning, or many skin diseases, in spite of that, many coastal countries depend mainly on sharks for their food, indifferent to the damages of those fish that spread to them.
Benefits of eating shark
- But sharks also have countless benefits, but much less than its harm.
- An example of the benefits of sharks is his liver, that organ rich in vitamins, amino acids, and liver oil in itself has several benefits as it is an essential component of many medicines and moisturizers that are used for children to prevent dissections.
- As well as as a moisturizer for the skin for women as well, and these extracts from the liver of sharks also have harms that we should never lose sight of, as it contains very large quantities of oils and vitamins, with their abundance causing many damages that the body of the elderly or the body of a pregnant woman cannot bear.
Tips for choosing sharks to use
Despite the many types and damages of sharks, there are beneficial types, which we should not ignore, but rather highlight them in order to make the best use of them. Among the tips for choosing this type are the following:
- It is necessary to choose sharks that are close to ground water, close to fresh water, or near waterfalls.
- With the flow of water, mercury and harmful metals that are harmful to the human body must be removed. Therefore, it is necessary to work on exploiting these fish more intensively, while taking care of their species scattered in the water to maintain the balance of the aquatic environment.
- The study must focus all the attention on classifying fish according to the amount of mercury in them, so that what is appropriate can be properly exploited.
Shark reproduction methods
There are several methods of shark reproduction, some of them reproduce like mammals, and some reproduce by laying eggs, and with the different methods of reproduction different types of sharks differ, and their shape and classification differ according to the following:
How do sharks mate:
- As we mentioned earlier that sharks reproduce like mammals or reproduce by laying eggs, sharks reproduce sexually like all creatures so that the male here tries to put the fins inside the body of his female.
- Sometimes a very great effort is made to fix the eggs inside the female’s body, so the female here is exposed to a serious danger that may reach deep wounds in some cases.
Sharks that lay eggs
- About half of the less than half of the shark species currently known lay eggs; And laying eggs takes very long periods and hard effort from the female shark, as she is trying hard to reach a place that other types of predatory fish that may prey on those eggs cannot reach.
- The females try to put it under a solid object or place it inside the coral reefs or reefs scattered inside the ocean, so that they are safe, but they are also less safe in all cases, because under the rocks there are creatures that live only under the rocks, such as sea snakes or in herbs. Most of the organisms that live in water are Herb eaters.
- So this is also a very unsafe place for her; Therefore, sharks in all cases do not put new organisms in a suitable place, which makes them more vulnerable to extinction, which may cause a major disruption to the ecosystem.
Sharks that give birth
More than half of the marine organisms give birth to their young, and this represents a hard effort for the female shark, as she carries her fetus for a long time, which reduces her effort and activity to preserve the ecosystem inside the water.
Neonatal ovipositor sharks:
- One of the most important methods of shark reproduction is that the female carries the fetus inside her, and the rate of food intake by these organisms increases during pregnancy to provide her fetus with the necessary food.
- The fetus continues to feed on the components of the embryonic sac until it is able to go out to the surrounding environment and deal with it until it is fully completed.
Sharks that feed on eggs
- During the fertilization of eggs inside a female shark, it is possible that one or more eggs will be fertilized “just like a human when the female gives birth to twins.” Fetal feeding here has several different forms depending on the type of fertilization and the number of fertilized eggs.
- Here, the fetus, if one is inside the embryo sac, may feed on the eggs surrounding it that have not been fertilized.
- Thus, the fertilization will be more than one egg and the result will be one embryo, or the two may come out together if there is a sufficient abundance of food inside the guts of the female shark.
How do sharks reproduce
see How do sharks reproduce