best dog food
There are some safe and useful foods for dogs, and the following are some of them
best dog food see here https://www.pets-home.net/
Dogs can eat both cooked and raw carrots, as it is a good source of minerals, fiber, and vitamins, which makes it a healthy food for dogs. It is recommended to cut carrots into smaller pieces, to avoid suffocation of the dog.
Peanut butter is considered a healthy food for dogs, provided that reasonable amounts of it are eaten, because it contains large amounts of fat that may lead to a dog’s weight gain more than the permissible limit, and attention should be paid to the amounts of salt added to it to avoid harming the dog.
one of the best dog food
A cooked egg is a safe and nutritious food for dogs, as it contains all the minerals and vitamins important to it, in addition to protein, and it is important to cook eggs before feeding it to the dog, to avoid the risk of various diseases such as salmonella.
Cooked salmon is a healthy food for dogs, as it is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, and care must also be taken to cook the fish before feeding it to the dog to avoid the risk of poisoning that may be fatal.
Watermelon is considered a safe dog food, as it is low in calories, rich in nutrients, and vitamins, such as vitamin A and vitamin C.
Some vegetables and fruits
Vegetables and fruits are rich sources of fiber, minerals, and main nutrients, including potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, oranges, strawberries, corn, coconut, bananas, cooked rice, broccoli, mango and others. are some of the best dog food
It is packed with minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and fiber.
- Processed or commercial foods
These foods are designed to meet all the nutritional needs of dogs, although dogs sometimes do not want to eat them, but they contain most of the necessary nutrients due to the diversity of products that go into their manufacture, such as meat, grains, vegetables, fruits, vitamins, and essential minerals, where You must make sure to choose products that are suitable for dogs’ age stages, and their pregnancy periods, in addition to having foods that are suitable for all ages of dogs, and have been approved, and the most important guiding information can be known by reading the leaflets printed on the sides of the food cans.
Processed foods sold in stores are a safe and healthy option for pet feeding, because they are a balanced food that contains many nutrients in amounts suitable for dogs.
- forbidden foods
Dogs can eat anything that is presented to them, but there are some foods that should be avoided, which may be harmful, and may expose them to poisoning, such as
chocolate, grapes, raisins, nuts, foods containing caffeine, and foods containing Xylitol, such as chewing gum or some kinds of sweets, spoiled and moldy foods, animal remains, bones and the like.
- High-fat foods.
- Grapes and raisins.
- Caffeine-rich foods and drinks
- Salt : When dogs eat large amounts of salt, this leads to vomiting and diarrhea, and may lead to death.
- Avocado : It contains a very toxic substance called persin, which causes fluid to accumulate in the chest and lungs, impeding the breathing process, ending in death.
- Onions : It contains among its components a toxic compound called Allyl propyl disulfide, which damages the red blood cells of dogs, inhibiting their activity in transporting oxygen through the body, causing anemia.
- Chocolate : Dogs eating chocolate may cause diarrhea, dehydration and vomiting, and the dog may develop internal bleeding, muscle tremors, and death.
- It should be noted that unsweetened chocolate such as cocoa powder is more toxic than sweetened chocolate such as milk chocolate, so you should avoid feeding dogs both.
- The daily amount of food needed for dogs
The necessary amount of food for dogs is divided according to the age group as follows
- small dogs : You need 3-6 times a day from meals, so that the level of sugar in the blood does not drop.
- Adult dogs : Most experts point out that the appropriate amount of food for this category is twice a day.